Monday, April 22, 2013

Don't You Quit


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, 
When care is pressing down a bit, 
Rest if you must -  but don't you quit.

Life is a queer with its twists and turns,
As sooner or later everyone learns,
And many a failure turns about, 
When he might have won had he stuck it out,
Don't give up when the pace seems slow-
You might succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer
Than it seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down, 
How close he was to the Golden crown.

Success is failure turn inside out - 
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt - 
And you can never tell how close you are,
It may be near and it might be far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit - 
It's when things seem worse that you musn't quit.


This is a poem I've encountered when I read a motivational book when I was in high school. I can't remember the exact title of the book, but I really love this poem I decided to write it down on a piece of paper and pasted it on my board during my matriculation years. Now, after 4 years of studying in Kuantan and while digging into my 'treasure boxes' under the bed, i finally discovered this poem again. I wondered why I only found the paper till now, when I only have around 1 month to graduate.. Haha.. Never mind, I can always read it when I'm down and that's why I decided to write it here on the blog. 

p/s: FYI, most of my coursemates are having trips to USM and UPM. Since I didn't take both of the elective subjects, I was left out here in Kuantan for two days (3 days to be exact, since I only have VIVA on thursday and my CBL is cancelled) and our plan to Genting has also been cancelled, so here I am, doing nothing in the room except for digging into old stuff and getting ready to clear the room.. Sad, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment